Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies - THE BEST FOOD RECIPE

I love a good homemade cookie.  Too bad I don’t bake very good ones.  Picky Eater is the star cookie baker in our house ~ her specialty?  Chocolate chip cookies, recipe courtesy of the chocolate chip bag.  I think I recently found my cookie, though.  Old-fashioned oatmeal cookies.  And they are truly old-school.

This recipe comes from my mom’s friend, Ann ~ the friend who gave me her family’s butterscotch crunch squares ice cream dessert recipe.  Ann’s oatmeal cookie recipe was her mother’s, her family calls them Grambi’s Oatmeal Cookies.  I just knew they’d be good.  And they are.

So, gosh, thinking this recipe may be close to 100 years old?  Not sure on that, but close anyway. I love these recipes that get handed down generations, for good reason.  They’re familiar, comforting, taste great and, who doesn’t love grandma and mom’s cooking?

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup butter room temperature ~ very soft
  • ½ cup light brown sugar
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup oats (I used old fashioned oats not instant or quick cooking recipe did not specify type of oat)


Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350º
  2. In bowl, whisk first 4 dry ingredients to combine. Set aside.
  3. In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or with a handheld mixer, cream butter, sugars, egg and vanilla until well mixed and fluffy. Add dry ingredients, a little at a time and combine well. Add the oats and mix just until combined.
  4. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute and then remove to wire rack to cool completely. But, by all means, eat a few warm ones! Enjoy.
  5. …………………………….


source https://bestfoodcuration.blogspot.com/2018/10/old-fashioned-oatmeal-cookies.html

Share this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment